Tradition Mutual will ensure that all persons to whom this Policy applies receive training as required by the Accessibility Standards for Customer Service. The training will be tailored to suit each person’s interactions with the public and his or her involvement in the development of policies, procedures and practices on topics pertaining to the customer service standard.
The training will include the following:
- a) a review of the purposes of the Accessibility for Ontarians with DisabilitiesAct, 2005
- b) the requirements of the Accessibility Standards for Customer Service, Ontario Regulation 429/07
- c) Tradition Mutual’s policies, procedures and practices pertaining to providing accessible customer service to individuals with disabilities
- d) instructions on how to interact and communicate with persons with various types of disabilities
- e) instructions on how to interact with persons with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or support person
- f) instructions on how to use equipment or assistive devices that are available on our premises (or that we provide) that may help individuals with disabilities
- g) what to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty accessing the company’s goods or services.
The training will be provided to all new employees as part of their orientation process. Revised training will be provided in the event of changes to legislation, practices or procedures.
Tradition Mutual will keep a record of training that includes the training materials, the names of participating employees and the dates training was provided.